Southeastern Liberal Arts Research Conference (SELARC)
Accessibility Statement (PDF of Statement)
SELARC aims to be a fully accessible conference to allow all attendees to participate in the conference. While such efforts are intended to provide access to attendees with disabilities, we believe that all participants will benefit. Therefore, we ask presenters to take the following steps to make their sessions accessible:
- Presenters should bring two copies of their papers, even in draft form, for the use of members who wish or need to follow a written text. The conference organizers will happily print out copies for presenters if requested at least 24 hours prior to the session. Presenters may ask for copies to be returned at the end of the session.
- Speakers who use handouts should prepare three additional copies in large print (16 or 18 point boldface type) on white paper. Briefly describe or read all handouts to the audience.
- Chairs/presenters should announce that accessibility copies are available for attendees.
- When referring to a visual aid or handout or when pointing out the location of materials in the room, allow time for audience members to follow this information.
- For PowerPoint/visual presentations, please use simple designs with large font and minimal text. Please also describe any images on slides.
- Speak clearly and distinctly and loud enough so that everyone in the room can hear you. Please slow down or speak up if asked by members of the audience.
- Presenters/chairs should repeat questions or statements made by the audience during the discussion portion of the session.
- In discussions, speakers should identify themselves so that audience members know who is speaking.
We thank you in advance for your adherence to the above expectations!
If you have a suggestion for how we can improve our accessibility options, please let us know! You can contact EGA here: https://auburnega.wordpress.com/contact/